[MPlayer-users] Re: failed to compile mplayer(cvs) with xvid

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Mar 20 08:34:22 CET 2006

yong wrote:
> Thank for the patch :)
> But...
> i end up with this error:
>
> utils.c: In function `av_tempfile':
> utils.c:1361: warning: passing arg 2 of `tempnam' makes pointer from integer
> without a cast
> utils.c:1372: error: `_O_RDWR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> utils.c:1372: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> utils.c:1372: error: for each function it appears in.)
> utils.c:1372: error: `_O_BINARY' undeclared (first use in this function)
> make: *** [utils.o] Error

Dang. It's probably a couple trivial mistakes, but I won't be able to
look at them until late tomorrow. For now, you might as well revert the
patch I just sent, and then follow these instructions for compiling mplayer:

1. Run ./configure as usual.

2. Edit config.mak and remove this line:
CONFIG_XVID=yes

3. Edit config.h and remove this line:
#define CONFIG_XVID 1

4. Run make as usual.

I'll try to get this fixed properly as soon as I have time. By the way,
don't worry -- your mplayer/mencoder will still have the normal xvid
support.

-Corey