[MPlayer-users] Bug 1 of 2: MKV fast forward doesn't work correctly - Mac OS X 10.3.9

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Tue Mar 21 14:31:56 CET 2006

On 2006/03/21, at 4:06, |TEcHNO| wrote:

> On 2006/03/21, at 1:20, Ergzay wrote:
>
>> When I play mkv files (for extra info these are using h264 and ogg
>> vorbis usually) and I try to fast forward it doesn't go forward 10
>> seconds or 1 minute as the appropriate keys should. It jumps forward
>> much further than this. It seems to be exponential to some degree
>> because when I am near the end of the file the amounts are much larger
>> and usually just jumps to the end of the file.
>
> This coudl be coused by the file encoding. The man says somewhere, the
> the jump is to the keyframe, nearest of the time wanted, so your files
> can be encoded with a small number of keyframes. Guess if you feel it's
> not the case, post some more info.

I mean a LARGE amount. The first press of the left arrow key will do 20
seconds instead of 10. The second press and it will jump to around 1
minute fast forward. A few more times and it jumps to the end of my
half hour file. With about 5 presses of the fast forward 10 seconds
button it goes through the entire file. Oh, and I forgot to add. If I
rewind instead of fast forward the amounts are normal.

Ergzay