[MPlayer-users] specificy where xvid stats file is written and read from?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Mar 22 08:09:51 CET 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> is there a way to specify what directory the xvid stats file
> (xvid-twopass.stats) is written and read from? I was hoping it would
> create it in the folder mencoder is run from but that doesn't seem to
> be the case.

xvid-twopass.stats? As far as I know, MEncoder uses divx2pass.log for
all two-pass encoding statistics, regardless of codec. I suppose it's
possible that wasn't the case long ago. Are you using a very old version
or an unofficial build from modified source?

Anyway, the -passlogfile option should work. Check the manual for usage.

-Corey