[MPlayer-users] Re: failed to compile mplayer(cvs) with xvid

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Mar 25 05:12:52 CET 2006

yong wrote:
>> I don't see anything wrong from here. I would suggest trimming down your
>> command lines some -- remove all the unnecessary options you can and see
>> if the problem goes away. If it does, try selectively adding and
>> removing options until you come upon the one(s) that cause trouble.
>
> After some quick test, i found out the vrc_strategy=1 doesnt like the qprd and
> adaptive quantization(*_masking options), if i add these options to cli with
> vrc_strategy=1, the 2nd pass encoded video bitrate will increase alot depending
> on  resolution.
>
> I didnt test the xvid rc much, but i certainly sure it works :)

Ok. You ought to subscribe to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list and report
your bug there. Be sure to include sample command lines. Also, one thing
you should clarify when you send a message there: Do qprd and *_mask
have trouble on their own, or is it the combination of the two that
causes problems?

If Michael Niedermayer gets enough information he can probably fix it.
Otherwise, I can document the incompatibility in the mplayer man page.

Anyway, I've always had mixed feelings about whether qprd and *_mask are
a good idea to use. You might not be worse off without them.

>> Eventually, when you figure it out, we may need access to your source
>> file, or at least enough of it to reproduce the problem. Use dd to trim
>> it down to the smallest portion you can reproduce the problem with, and
>> upload the small file to ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
> its happen to all of my mpeg1 video clips...

No problem. I was just trying to cover most eventualities.

-Corey