[MPlayer-users] image from PAL-TV not really sharp ...

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 27 01:01:22 CEST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:36:49 +0200
wim delvaux <wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com> wrote:

> and fast motion is a bit blurry.

Yes, that's what pp=lb does.  Try a different deinterlacer.

> Also how can I allow for framedrops if audio sync is in jeapardy ?

I don't buy the premise.  I find it hard to believe that the ammount of
CPU-time used by mencoder affects audio sync.  I used-to max-out my CPU
doing TV capture, with no a/v sync problems, ever.

By the way, mencoder will drop frames when RAM is exhausted
(from caching the uncompressed video faster than it can be encoded).