[MPlayer-users] Strange jerking when recording from tv with audio

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Mar 28 01:25:55 CEST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:45:17 +0200
Martin Bammer <e9525103 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=pal:fps=25:input=0:width=640:heig
> ht=480:alsa:adevice=hw.0,0: $CHANNELS:buffersize=64 \

If you're recording PAL, you either need exactly full-height (576), or
half-height (288), 480 will just utterly ruin the video.  You can use
scale (after deinterlacing) if you wish.

I also recomend a much smaller keyint than the default, and using
vqscale instead of vbitrate.

> When I record a movie with the above command line the video stream
> looses (one  or more) frames about every half second.

Loses?  How does it lose them?  "loses" could mean anything.

> When I record a movie without sound  the result has no frame drops.

Try encoding with -noskip and -mc 0 if you're really sure you don't
want any skipped frames.