[MPlayer-users] FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:32:46 CEST 2006

On 3/28/06, Alan Bort <alanbort at gmail.com> wrote:
> I encountered this problem while trying to listen to the stream at
> http://neondragon.net:8000/ or http://neondragon.net:8002/ (one is mp3
> @128Kbit and the other AAC+ @ 24Kbit)

 -snip-

> I found the problem only when trying to listen to the AAC+ stream.
> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Unexpected channel configuration change

Firstly, it appears you may be running gentoo, seeing the specific
version of mplayer you are using. You will probably have more luck by
downloading the mplayer cvs and running ./configure / make / make
install manually, the instructions can be found at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html#cvs .

However, until a CVS commit is made with these patches, you will need
to patch the CVS sources to make aac+ work properly. Either get the
patches out of the mailing list backlog (look for faad_update.diff.gz
and faad2-pcm.patch) or alternatively i have the whole 40k tarball up
at http://mystica.cx/mike/faad2patch.tgz . This needs to be extracted
into the mplayer-cvs "main/libfaad2' directory. then run patch <
faad_update.diff ; patch < faad2-pcm.patch .
This can be done after running configure, but before actually
compiling mplayer itself.
run make, then make install from the main/ directory, and you should
be well on your way to listening to aac+ shoutcasts.

I updated mine earlier today, and am running perfectly with your test stream. :)

Mike