[MPlayer-users] Real stream with MPlayer over port 80

Oumar Damont damont at gmx.net
Wed Mar 29 17:03:45 CEST 2006

Dear altogether!

I want to listen to a Real stream (rtsp://......) with the help of MPlayer
under Windows. MPlayer first tries to connect over port 554, then over port
7070, and gets a time-out on both, because they are locked within my
network! :-(

But it is not a general problem of MPlayer (works at my home office (no
network restrictions) without a problem).

I have used RealPlayer before---with RealPlayer it works within the
restricted environment: There it is possible to explicitly allow tunneled
connections over Port 80 if no other connection is possible (such a
possibility is available in the options dialogue of RealPlayer).

Has anybody an idea, how I can force MPlayer to use port 80, too? A simple
":80" behind the host results in "librtsp: buffer overflow in rtsp_get".
Whatever this means . . . :-(

My current command-line is:

C:\Programme\mplayer\mplayer.exe
rtsp://213.200.64.234/farm/*/encoder/sunshinelive/livestream2.rm

Thanks, Oumar.