[MPlayer-users] Jerky audio, video OK

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon May 1 17:05:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/1/06, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
> On Monday, 01 May 2006 at 12:12, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Hi,
> > On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:18:09AM -0500, Fibonacci Prower wrote:
> > > I've recently come across a problem with MPlayer under Fedora Core 5 -
> > > namely, that there are a few files in which the video displays fine,
> > > but the audio is jerky and might go out of sync, such as this one:
> >
> > Those have become really rare lately.
> >
> > > http://www.missouri.edu/~bah347/gprime/nintendothemesacappellax.wmv.
> > > I've not had any problem with most wmv files, yet this one does not go
> > > away even following the directions at
> > > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugs-audio.html. I have WinXP
> >
> > You mean you have tried -afm dmo? Did you also try -demuxer lavf?
>
> Um, works for me just fine with ffwmav2. On FC4, though.

I tried on my ia32 chroot with an _old_ cvs build:
dev-CVS-050414-22:10 and I do get a desync. You can notice that if you
let it run without seeking and get to tetris/mortal komba: there you
cleanly see there's a desync.

/me is off to build a new cvs build...

Guillaume
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.