[MPlayer-users] Re: divx 6

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue May 2 16:48:21 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:35:45AM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:

> >> I'm subscribed to all of those. URL?
> >
> > Not my job. Go read it yourself.
>
> YOU claim that there have been testing fallacies which doom9 refused
> to acknowledge. I followed the disussion and did not see those. Others on
> lis list did not see them, too. So either prove your claim or stop to
> allege that others are liars or did not read the discussion.

Apparently you're just as stupid as doom9 himself and don't understand
the words IDCT mismatch. Or the fact that doom9 was using broken
windows tools (with possibly different semantics and bugs) to do the
lavc encode rather than using the mencoder commandline he was given,
and HIDING this fact from everyone. The results may or may not have
been different with a correct testing procedure, but doom9's procedure
was absolutely not correct and thus invalid. This was thoroughly
discussed on the mailing list and on IRC and all the actual developers
are aware of it.

> >> I think that speaks for itself
> >
> > Read it _again_ just at that moment, to confirm what I said: that it
> > provides no information. Of course I'd read it before. Now stop being
> > a fucking idiot and spamming this list with your uselessness.
>
> FUD is useless. And your personal problems with doom9 and xvid are useless.

OK apparently you don't know what FUD means either...

Rich