[MPlayer-users] compiling with/without internal tremor, bug?

Warren Wilder wipwap19 at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 00:00:52 CEST 2006

I noticed something, don't know whether it really is a bug, but I want
to report it anyway.
To properly report it as a bug, I understand I need to supply you people
with a gbd trace and such, as described in your documentation.
I have installed gdb for that purpose, but I can't perform the last line
to get the output into one file.

>Then simply execute this command:
>
>gdb mplayer --core=core -batch --command=command_file > mplayer.bug
There is no file called core. I guess I don't have a core dump.

Therefore there are multiple attachments. I hope these are informative,
if not, let me know.

Well now, what is this about?

I have compiled ffmpeg with vorbis support.
I am configuring mplayer with and without the internal-tremor package.
If I compile it with, then I can play .ogg vorbis encoded audio files
and play movies in a .ogm package.
If I compile it without, I get a segfault.

I have added ldd output of the binary mplayer with and without
internal-tremor support. The difference lies in the inclusion of the
libvorbis.so, if internal-tremor is not compiled. I take it that is as
it should be.

ogg123 is playing vorbis audio fine by the way.

As a workaround, I am just going to include tremor support ofcourse, but
perhaps this is something you guys want to fix anyway.
If so, and if this info is enough, I'll produce a proper bug report.

Warren