[POOL] Moderate some users (was: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: divx 6)

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed May 3 07:57:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/3/06, Ivan Kowalenko <ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com> wrote:

[..]

> >> If you do not like flamewars, simply put Rich on your ignore list...
>
> One flaw is that you don't get everyone who replies to him. But at
> least you're trying to come up with a solution! ;)
>
> Sometimes I think this mailing list needs something like a moderation
> system, seen in forums.

I propose to put Rich in the "moderated users" list. That may delay
his messages by a good 24h in extreme cases (if I don't have access to
a computer during that time), which would mean that good or bad posts
will be held for moderation.

I don't mind that since it will make this mailing list a better place.
On the other hand, it will give me more work... I think it's worth it.

Now people, please vote!

Guillaume

PS: please re-read my sig: it's never been so true IMHO
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.