[MPlayer-users] nvidia, mplayer, VIDIX driver

Arias Hung arias at m-a-g.net
Wed May 3 12:16:10 CEST 2006

On Tue, 02 May 2006, Rich Felker delivered in simple text monotype:

>> > I think I installed MPlayer in proper way. How should I do it to
>> > install it completely with libdha and vidix drivers?

Lost track of who actually started this original thread, but if this is regarding the inability of the cvs to compile the nvidia_vid.so properly for the xvidix drivers with libdha, I had this issue as well.  What fixed it for me was compiling with gcc 4.0 instead of gcc 4.1.

I also made this one change in the code of nvidia_vid.c replacing line 34:

#define NV04_BES_SIZE 1024*2000*4

with:

#define NV04_BES_SIZE 2048*2000*4

To resolve the issue of mtrr memory size refecting zero when using the nvidia xvidix driver.  This was discussed and a patch provided back in february on the mplayer-dev list, although the new line didn't seem to reflect when doing the latest cvs update.

As far as the helper ap in libdha, that doesn't seem to compile properly at the moment but I wouldn't worry about it since it's not vital to getting the nvidia xvidix driver to work.

However, all of this is sortof moot when considering the fact that the xv video driver seems superior in a number of ways in comparison to the xvidix nvidia driver.  I don't really see the point of using xvidix if you have the choice of the two, which if you're using nvidia, you do.

-arias