[MPlayer-users] Cache fill status message hogs CPU time on Win32

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 04:30:15 CEST 2006

Pekka Seppänen wrote:
> Ok, the following is pretty trivial but annoying: Under Windows XP (SP2)
> mplayer (actually cmd.exe/csrss.exe) hogs all CPU time when it displays the
<snip>
> So IMHO this problem could be solved by displaying the status message
> only a couple of times per minute etc. Unfortunaly I couldn't get
> mplayer compile on my Windows so I'm not able to create a patch myself ;-(

What happened when you tried to compile MPlayer? The instructions in:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt

worked perfectly for me.

Just one thing: Mingw should be installed in a path with no spaces,
e.g., C:\Mingw. I had mingw in C:\Program Files\Mingw (which I believe
is not recommended, but has always worked for me before) and had
C:\Progra~1\Mingw\bin in my path.

libpng and lame did not like this arrangement. That is,

/configure --prefix=c:/progra~1/mingw

did not work. I think the other libraries built OK with c:/progra~1/mingw.