[MPlayer-users] movie sample resent

Sandip Khara indiansandip at gmail.com
Sun May 7 00:19:52 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have sent you the small sample parts (URLs) in the previous thread. All of
them are not working. Sorry for that. Actually it is the vice of
geocities.com. They didn't gave any warning while I was uploading the files.
After uploading and sending you the mail, they are telling that I have
exceeded my account's limit. It is not fair.

Anyway, I have uploaded the full sample in another site. Try the link below.
It should work.

I suggest you some steps to track the bug :-

1) Play the file from first to last and see the problem.

2) Again play the file. After the video problem try to rewind or forward to
the good portion using the cursor keys and see if the problem recovers.

3) Again play the file and try to skip the bad portion using the cursor keys
and see if there is any more problem.

You will see that mplayer is not able to recover from the problem after
encountering it. But xine is able to recover by dropping the bad frames.
Xine reports frame dropping in a pop up message box. You can try it on xine.

I hope that this sample is enough. Please inform me if more info is needed.

URL:-
http://sandipcoolproject.tripod.com/samples/sample.mpg

Best wishes to you.