[MPlayer-users] Re: [POOL] Moderate some users (was: Re: [-] Re: divx 6)

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue May 9 18:59:57 CEST 2006

Matthias Wieser wrote:
> But look what I have written one week ago:
> "But why do topics about the quality of a video codec so often result in
> flame wars? Maybe it is because quality is a subjective, fuzzy measurement."
> Seems to be very true, even in the "Moderate some users" thread you start
> your postings with insults.

Personally, I find it revealing that while a thread about video codecs
turned into a flame war that spawned two threads about flame wars, both
the new threads in turn ended up being about video codecs. ...at least
before the flames started flying again.

So far, I don't think I've seen a single flame posted here recently by
someone who isn't capable of a reasonably good technical discussion.
Some good information has come out, albeit a little singed. If everyone
were to stick to more technical aspects, this flame-fest would be more
productive.

-Corey