[MPlayer-users] cvs build problem

Sebastian Krämer spambouncer at skraemer.de
Thu May 11 01:30:49 CEST 2006

Antonio wrote:
> Hi to the list,
>
> I'm experiencing a problem building the current CVS on debian etch.
> After configuring, the make command gives this error:
>
> ./version.sh `cc -dumpversion`
> cc -c -I../libvo -I../../libvo -I/usr/X11R6/include -fno-PIC -O4
> -march=athlon-xp -mtune=athlon-xp -pipe -ffast-math
> -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I.      -I/usr/include/freetype2
> -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I./libavutil -I./libavcodec   -o mplayer.o
> mplayer.c
> In file included from mplayer.c:45:
> help_mp.h:1453: error: syntax error before string constant
> help_mp.h:1455: error: missing terminating " character
> In file included from mplayer.c:47:
> m_option.h:24: error: syntax error before 'm_option_type_flag'
> [cut]
>
> and after a flood of other similar errors it ends without compiling.
>
> Attached there is the output of ./configure and the complete output of
> make.

I suspected to be something wrong with the italian version of help_mp.h
(sorry Roberto and PaulTT *g) but even with --language=it it does
compile fine here..
The only thing I can think of though is that you try to compile the
english version. Don't know if that is of any help but.. who knows?

 > Attached there is the output of ./configure and the complete output
of make.

> It's just me or there are some problem with the cvs right now?

Well, seems to work for (almost) everyone.. ;)

Sebastian