[MPlayer-users] AC3 errors in DVB and ATSC broadcast TV

Michael Holland mplayer at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu May 11 12:10:04 CEST 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Nico Sabbi wrote:

 > it's possible that the stream is really broken or that in this case the
 > audio stream
 > falls in one of those ambigous configurations, anyway try the attached
 > patch, please

Thanks Nico!
That patch fixes playing the transport streams. Will it be going into CVS?
At least, AC3-2.0 is fine. I'll need to find some 5.1 TS recordings to
test.

Unfortunately, I'd assumed the problem was in the AC3 codec, and have
compressed some recordings with mencoder, leaving the audio stream
unchanged, or so I thought. The patch does not fix playback of these.
Have "my precious" hi-def P.Jackson movies' soundtracks been ruined
beyond reasonable recovery? Unfortunately, I didn't have the disk space
to keep the original TS files.

thanks, Mike.