[MPlayer-users] Re: Via XvMC and Incompatible Codecs

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Thu May 11 21:46:18 CEST 2006

Foss Kevin S Maj (CAN-CPP) SMC/GPU wrote:

> I've been working to get my Epia M10000 working with with MythTV 0.19.
> I am using mplayer as the video and DVD application MythTV calls.  I
> have also been focussed on getting the hardware acceleration working
> through XvMC.  I have followed as many HOW-TOs as I could find and at
> this point I have XvMC working with Xine.  Playing a DVD on Xine with
> the 1GHz Epia uses only 10-15% of the CPU.  However Xine is not my media
> player of choice and it doesn't work as well with a remote control, so I
> want MPlayer to do the work.

Hi, you probably want to talk about this on the openchrome mailing list
rather than here.

MPlayer cvs **does not** include support for VIA vld-xvmc acceleration. You
need to apply the mplayer patch from openchrome.org for it to work.

The via xvmc driver does not currently support basic mc/idct xvmc
acceleration, it only supports the enhanced vld level xvmc acceleration.

Cheers,
Ivor