[MPlayer-users] convert/merge RealTime (.rt) subtitles

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Sun May 14 23:51:37 CEST 2006

HI all,

This might be off topic but I have the following problem

I have merged two AVI files of a movie into one AVI file assuming that I could
merge the corresponding subtitle files too.  I already did that for srt files
before so I assumed that there would be no problems
The files have the extension *.sub with for each sub a *idx file.

mplayer claims these subtitles to be of .rt type. and can play these files
perfectly.

Until now I have not found any tool (nor linux nor windows) that can merge
these subtitle file types.

Mplayer has the option -sub and -dump...sub but I have not managed to get them
going in my situation nor do I know if these options can solve my problem
(the AVI files being merged already and all)

Suggestions appreciated