[MPlayer-users] Fatal Error Signal 11 and other issues

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Tue May 16 15:09:06 CEST 2006

> See bugreports.html in the docs. We need gdb trace from a debug build
> of
> MPlayer.

OK I wasn't sure if I needed to do that first, or send a message here.
I will probably do that tonight after I get off of work. When I
recompile with the --enable-debug option, is there anything I am
supposed to do, like remove the current program or codecs? And I
assume I am supposed to post the gdb output here, or am I supposed to
submit a bug?

> No problems whatsoever with this one on my system and
> MPlayer-CVS-20060514.
> Nice trailer, by the way.

I guess we are using the same version, but it played fine on my
computer for a while (probably two to three days) until the video
lagged far behind the audio. That is what prompted me to go get the
latest cvs for mplayer, because I noticed the FFH264 had been added
upon since the last update I did. Any suggestions on this?
And I agree about the nice trailer. I was very impressed and can't
wait to see the gameplay. (Too bad it is only for the M$ Xbox 360 and
developed by the M$ owned Bungie.)

OK now I feel really stupid. My laptop was running at 600MHz instead
of the 1.6GHz it is supposed to run at. I think the default on bootup
is to go to the lowest to save on battery power, but I fixed it now.
Running at 1.6GHz and the video runs smooth as butter.

>Indeed, sound is broken in this one. Does any other player play it
>correctly?

Yes, Xine, Gxine, Noatune, and those are the ones I just tested. And I
have done no addons to the programs of any kind, they are just the
default slackware install.

Thanks for the help