[MPlayer-users] QuickTime7.1 on MacOS 10.3.9: build only with --disable-macosx

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu May 18 01:29:45 CEST 2006

Christian Ebert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After upgrading to QuickTime7.1 on MacOS 10.3.9 mplayer builds only
> with --disable-macosx flag (no quartz output).
>
> Compiling with my usual configure params
>
> CFLAGS= ./configure --prefix=/usr/local \
> --with-extralibdir=/sw/lib --with-extraincdir=/sw/include \
> --enable-xmms --enable-macosx-finder-support
>
> gives the following error:
>
> $ tail -n5 mplayer-make.log
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _LLCStyleInfoCheckForOpenTypeTables referenced from QuartzCore expected to be defined in ApplicationServices
> _LLCStyleInfoGetUserRunFeatures referenced from QuartzCore expected to be defined in ApplicationServices
> symbol _DrawText used from dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD(QD.o) not from earlier dynamic library /sw/lib/libgif.4.dylib(gif_font.o)
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

This is not enough information to be expected to be useful. It's a good
start, but the usual rule is that you need to provide the final command
line which was generated by make and all of the output which it
produced; the above is only the final error, and does not tell us (for
the most obviously useful thing) where in the build process the error
occurred.

(I've left you in the reply list because the only valid reason for
adding yourself to the Reply-To header is if you aren't subscribed to
the mailing list; I've added the mailing list itself to the Reply-To
header because otherwise the odds are that you would just hit Reply and
send whatever response you made directly to me, which is not in either
of our interests.)

--
       The Wanderer could rant considerably further on this topic...

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.