[MPlayer-users] xvidix depth 24 => garbage

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Thu May 18 06:30:09 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a Via processor: CLE266+VT8623. I'm using Mplayer 1.0pre7try2.
I'm using the xvidix output (-vo xvidix).

In a nutshell, I have problem with a depth of 24 (millions of colors)
while it's working perfectly well in a depth of 16. Here are all the
results:

- with a depth of 16, everything is working fine perfectly.

- with a depth of 24, I have a green screen but the movie is played.

- with a depth of 24 and the -nocolorkey option, I get the image but
there is some garbages on the left and right sides OUTSIDE of the
Mplayer window at the same height. Very strange. Some snow outside the
movie window.

- with a depth of 24, -nocolorkey option and all possible values for
video ram in xorg.conf, I still have the garbages on the right side. I
got the best result with video ram = total video ram available - 4MB
(read the usage paragraph of 8.2.13 at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/en/MPlayer.html#vidix).

Any idea what's wrong and how I can get a fix or the right option?

Many thanks by advance,

Gregoire