[MPlayer-users] xinerama full-screen problem, workaround

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue May 23 18:43:14 CEST 2006

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Tue, 23 May 2006 11:24:09 -0400 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> MPlayer has no '--help' option, or anything especially similar, so
>> I'm not sure what you're talking about on that one.
>
> Well, mplayer has a --help option. And it's even documented ;-)

...well, what do you know, you're right. I wrote that without checking,
based on the standing policy against multi-hyphen options, but when I
look at the man page '--help' seems to be the single exception to that
rule.

It doesn't seem to *do* anything (I tested just now, and the output of
'mplayer --help' does not differ one whit from the output of just
'mplayer' with no arguments), but it is nonetheless documented.

> But -xineramascreen does not belong there.

No dispute.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.