[MPlayer-users] mencoder failing to encode at desired bitrate/filesize

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Sat May 27 12:28:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Saturday 27 May 2006 10:49, Ed Sweetman wrote:
> Every now and then I get a video source that simply refuses to encode
> over a seemingly random bitrate, no matter what I set it at.  I've seen
> this happen with the xvid codec and ffmpeg's mpeg4 codec (those are the
> two I use).   Nothing seems to be special about these files.  I was just
> wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, where mencoder wont
> encode over some arbituary bitrate, no matter what the value on the
> command line is.

I've seen similar problems. Once I decided to encoding 12 videos, all captured
by a dv with almost the same setting, and I use mencoder with xvid and
libavcodecs, there are two of them cannot be encoded with the bitrate I set,
(I want a 1500 kbps, but the encoding always resulted at  about 700~800
kbps). I tried fiddle with different options but no success, ended up
encoding it on a windows with virtualdub and xvid :(

--
Best Regards,
LR