[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DTS Audio CD

Barak Zalstein barak.zalstein at gmail.com
Sun May 28 01:00:51 CEST 2006

> Using cdda option to play a DTS cd misrecognizes the cd to be normal audio
> CD and mplayer playback is white noise (unlike the wav which was ripped
> using k3b which is recognized as DTS).

After learning that "cdparanoia 1 track1.wav" geneated a file which is
equivalent to k3b generated file, I also learned that vlc-0.8.5-svn plays
that wav file without pause which happened in mplayer, and recognizes the
file as 6 channels instead of 2 channesl:
 vlc track1.wav
VLC media player 0.8.5-svn Janus
[00000272] skins2 interface: skin: VLC OSX Interface  author: BigBen
[00000310] dts decoder: DTS channels:6 samplerate:44100 bitrate:1411200
[00000335] dts decoder: DTS channels:6 samplerate:44100 bitrate:1411200
^C
signal 2 received, terminating vlc - do it again in case it gets stuck
[00000266] main playlist: stopping playback

Playing the DTS CD as Audio CD in VLC works fine, as well.