[MPlayer-users] Watching a filmand recording it at the same time?

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou at free.fr
Wed Nov 1 17:21:05 CET 2006

Hello,

I've bought a plextor convertx that record video streams, thus under linux.
I'm using a software,(gorecord) that outout the encoded stream to stdout.
Then using 'bfr' the stream is buffered and used by mplayer to watch the
tv...
The cool thing with bfr is that  can define a 100MB file to do some sort
of 'pause tv'.
my command line:
./gorecord -input 0 -mode secam-l -bitrate 4000 astdout /dev/null
2>/dev/null | bfr -m 800000 -b 100000000 -p | mplayer -vo gl2 -delay
-0.3 -vf pp=mcdeint=3  test.avi - >/dev/null 2>/dev/null &

What I need now, is to record the stream *At the same time I watch it
with mplayer*.
Does mplayer got some options to save a stream at the same it displays
it on screen?

(tryied -dump etc... but don't works as it save the file but don't
display it...)

Thanks a lot for any help!

Laurent