[MPlayer-users] Ubuntu 64 and Audigy Surround 5.1

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Nov 3 04:10:14 CET 2006

Raena Lea-Shannon wrote:

> I am running Ubuntu Dapper 10.06.1 on AMD 64 ASUS A8N SLI with Audigy
> Live! soundcard and 5.1 analogue speakers, mplayer version
> 2:0.99+1.0pre7try2+cvs20060117-0ubuntu8

Third-party packages are not supported on these mailing lists - and in
any case, 1.0pre7try2 is ancient, and even any code based on the CVS
version is heavily out of date because MPlayer has been using Subversion
instead for some months now.

Please upgrade to a more recent version (the latest release being
1.0rc1, about two weeks old) and see if the problem still occurs. If it
does, a report based on that version will be much more likely to get
actual helpful responses.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.