[MPlayer-users] Watching a filmand recording it at the same time?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Nov 3 12:10:29 CET 2006

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:19:59 +0100
Laurent Dufréchou <laurent.dufrechou at free.fr> wrote:

> > ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)
> > LAVF_check: no clue about this gibberish!
> > demux_aac_probe, failed to detect an AAC stream
> >
> > vo: x11 uninit called but X11 not inited..
> >
> > Sortie... (Fin du fichier)

Try adding -forceidx or -noidx.
And try latest SVN rather than old 1.0pre8.  If that still doesn't work,
make a small sample (copy while still recording) and upload it to
MPlayer/incoming

> So it seems this recording app is writing avi file info only when the
> it's closing the file.
> (I'm don't even know how avi files works) (sure you are more
> experienced with this :) )

AVIs have an index which is only written after the file is finished (or
in the case of ODML, after every 1GB is finished).  Still, that should
only affect seeking.  I can't imagine what other insanity it might be
doing.