[MPlayer-users] Question about syncing a/v during playback ofVDR recordings.

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:36:12 CET 2006

Was just reading over the thread on the VDR mailing list about this and
found a quote from Klaus Schmidinger, the author of VDR, which may have
relevance to this so I'm forwarding it to this thread just in case.  Thanks
for bearing with me on this!

"I'm afraid my knowledge here is too limited.
If somebody can come up with an idea of how additional timing information
should be inserted in the PES data, let's hear it.

Generally I don't think that VDR should have to to anything regarding
A/V sync during replay. It simply feeds the data to the device as fast
as the device can take it, and syncing audio and video is the device's
job. Maybe mplayer just generates additional PES headers for this?"