[MPlayer-users] problem in real-time encoding quicktime movies using mencoder

Mike Gibson m_gibson2006 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 00:00:03 CET 2006

Hi,

  I tried to use the following command to convert an avi vdieo into a quicktime video. It worked after the entire target video file was generated.

  ./mencoder.exe source.avi -o target.mov -oac faac -faacopts mpeg=4:raw:object=2:br=48 -af lavcresample=44100,channels=2 -srate 44100 -ovc lavc -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=h264:vbitrate=400:refs=1:keyint=60 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mov:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -mc 0.0

  But if I tried to play the generated file while doing the encoding (my computer is fast enough to do the real-time encoding) using the above command, I got the following errors, which means those header info is written after the entire sequence is coded. (In fact, I digged into the source code and found those headers were overwritten again as the last step of the encoding).

  ISO: File Type Major Brand: Original QuickTime
MOV: missing header (moov/cmov) chunk! Maybe broken file...
ISO: File Type Major Brand: Original QuickTime
MOV: missing header (moov/cmov) chunk! Maybe broken file...
libavformat file format detected.
LAVF: no audio or video headers found - broken file?

  I wonder what mencoder command can generate a quicktime file that can be played during the encoding process.

  Thanks,

  Mike Gibson