[MPlayer-users] No cable input from tv card

Shocky shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 6 19:13:33 CET 2006

On 2006 November 6 10:31, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 11:27 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > Shocky wrote:
> > >Yes! card=15 tuner=6 did the trick. I even have sound (which I haven't
> > > been able to get through s-video)! Thanks for all the help.
> >
> > you had better submit a patch against bttv-cards.c with your entries,
> > (mimic one the other entries based on your pci ids)
> > so in the future you or someone else can safely modprobe bttv without
> > parameters
> > and recognize all the components automatically
>
> According to the author of bttv (can't remember his name now), this
> particular card don't have the goodies to enable autodetection for the
> card= and tuner= values.  For as long as I had it and in every distro I
> used, I had to specify those values for insmod.
>
> Hans

Oh well. And I suppose there are cards with all different values for these
settings, so no reasonable defaults are possible.

Is there at least some documentation somewhere on the different models of
bt848 cards and the card= and tuner= values for them? Or even some guidelines
on how to discover the appropriate values? If it weren't for Nico's help with
this, I don't know if I ever would have figured it out.