[MPlayer-users] no cdda cddb

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 16:24:20 CET 2006

Raena Lea-Shannon wrote:
<snip>

> > >I did not, so I installed them and the confog.log now shows cdparanoia
>OK
> > >but will not make. Here is the make log:
> > >.0 -lglib-2.0 -L/usr/lib -lesd -laudiofile -lm  -laudio -lXt  -lXext
>-lX11
> > >-lpthread
> > >stream/stream.a(stream_cdda.o): In function `open_cdda':stream_cdda.c:
> > >(.text+0x84): undefined reference to `cdio_cddap_identify'
> > >
> > >:stream_cdda.c:(.text+0x9c): undefined reference to
> > >
> > >`cdio_cddap_verbose_set'
> > >
> > >:stream_cdda.c:(.text+0xb0): undefined reference to `cdio_cddap_open'
> > >:stream_cdda.c:(.text+0xcc): undefined reference to `cdio_cddap_tracks'

<etc.>

> > >:stream_cdda.c:(.text+0x882): undefined reference to `cdio_cddap_close'
> >
> > The cdparanoia libraries are not being found. You can try adding them
> > manually to EXTRA_LIB in MPlayer's config.mak and then run "make" again.
> >
> > I noticed from an earlier post that you are adding
> > --with-cdparanoialibdir=/usr/lib/. Is there a particular reason for
>that?
> > It would probably be better if you let MPlayer autodetect it, and if it
>is
> > not detected, then you make the necessary changes so that it is found.
> >
> > Or you can try what works for me. I don't use cdparanoia. I am on
>Windows,
> > where it cannot be compiled (at least with Mingw32/MSYS). However, I
>have
> > enabled CD playing by installing libcdio. For now, since *libcdio* was
> > found automatically, "make uninstall" cdparanoia,  "make distclean"
> > MPlayer, and configure MPlayer without any extra options relating to
> > cdparanoia or libcdio. It should find and use libcdio.
> >

>I will persist with cdparanoia and working out how to compile mplayer with
>it.
>I like k3b too much to drop cdparanoiat :-)

Or you can leave cdparanoia where it is, and configure MPlayer with
--disable-cdparanoia.

But you have not said why you are specifiying --with-cdparanioalibdir.  You
should not have to. Is it detected if you configure wthout options? If not,
why not? Configure does not always record in the log the command that it
used to test for the existence of a library, or the error message, so you
may have to find the command in the configure script and run it yourself.