[MPlayer-users] How to use the il filter

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 06:36:33 CET 2006

Hi,

Using mencoder, I want to leave my interlaced video as-is and output
interlaced video as well. I found the il filter, which is able "to process
interlaced images ... without deinterlacing them":

il=[d|i][s][:[d|i][s]]

(de)interleaves lines.  The goal of this filter is to add the ability to
process interlaced images pre-field without deinterlacing them.  You can
filter your interlaced DVD and play it on a TV without breaking the
interlacing.  While deinterlacing (with the postprocessing filter) removes
interlacing permanently (by smoothing, averaging, etc) deinterleaving splits
the frame into 2 fields (so called half pictures), so you can process
(filter) them independently and then re-interleave them.

But I wasn't able to figure out how to use it from the man page.

How to use the il filter with mencoder to encode interlaced video as
interlaced mpg?

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)