[MPlayer-users] my 1.0.rc1 issues

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:55:18 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/10/06, Selmi <selmi at centrum.sk> wrote:
> i am almost sure someone already noticed, i must confess i didn't searched forums...
>
> 1) man page is mentioning suboption 4x4mv for -x264encopts. but if it is used mencoder will say that such suboption is unknown

No, manpage doesn't mention it anymore. If it does so on your system,
that's because it's outdated.

Option names have changed because the parser has been changed to use
x264's native parser.

For what it's worth, here are the new option names:

deblockalpha, deblockbeta -> deblock
a command that was "deblockalpha=$A:deblockbeta=$B" becomes "deblock=$A,$B".
"nodeblock" still disables it, and "deblock" still enables it without
changing the parameters.

4x4mv, 8x8mv, b8x8mv, i4x4, i8x8 -> partitions
what was "4x4mv:8x8mv:b8x8mv:i4x4:i8x8" becomes "partitions=all" or
"partitions=p4x4,p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8".
what was "no4x4mv:no8x8mv:nob8x8mv:noi4x4:noi8x8" becomes
"partitions=none" or "partitions=".

direct_pred and me now take names instead of numbers.
direct_pred: 0,1,2,3 -> none, spatial, temporal, auto.
me: 1,2,3,4 -> dia, hex, umh, esa.

> 2) with pre8 i could play almost every video i got. now many of them don't work and i must check demuxers on it. for example with demuxer lavf i can't play matroska file, without it some avis which played correctly with pre8 don't work...i also noticed that some mpegs don't play correctly by default but -demuxer lavf fixes it. i am not sure this was improvement to set demuxer different for every file... sorry for not sending proper bugreport with files, i am on modem connection and it would take ages to upload anything. but someone may try to play with it and maybe he will notice what is wrong....

Please retry with latest SVN version of MPlayer. There's been a fair
deal of MPEG demuxer bugfixes that should be useful to you.

> to be honest this release was a big dissapointment for me. but i won't return to pre8 because h264 decoding seems to be really faster and on my machine i need it. so i wish luck with bughunting to developers and i wait for much better rc2 :-)

Even though I understand that it's difficult for you to upload your
files, you have to understand that if aren't able to reproduce a
problem, it's hard to fix a bug.
Maybe you could use a fast connection of a cyber café, university, or friend?

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!