[MPlayer-users] my 1.0.rc1 issues

Selmi selmi at centrum.sk
Fri Nov 10 23:49:12 CET 2006

>Message: 3
>Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:55:18 +0100
>From: "Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] my 1.0.rc1 issues
>To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests,	bug reports"
>	<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
>
>Hi,
>
>On 11/10/06, Selmi <selmi at centrum.sk> wrote:
>> i am almost sure someone already noticed, i must confess i didn't
searched forums...

>> 1) man page is mentioning suboption 4x4mv for -x264encopts. but if it
is used mencoder will say that such suboption is unknown

>No, manpage doesn't mention it anymore. If it does so on your system,
>that's because it's outdated.

  i wanted to give you proof that its still there and now it isn't. funny, because i was rewriting options for new names (me, direct_pred,...) and i was sure i saw it so i kept it. probably hallucinations. sorry

>> 2) with pre8 i could play almost every video i got. now many of them
don't work and i must check demuxers on it. for example with demuxer lavf
i can't play matroska file, without it some avis which played correctly
with pre8 don't work...i also noticed that some mpegs don't play correctly
by default but -demuxer lavf fixes it. i am not sure this was improvement
to set demuxer different for every file... sorry for not sending proper
bugreport with files, i am on modem connection and it would take ages to
upload anything. but someone may try to play with it and maybe he will
notice what is wrong....

>Please retry with latest SVN version of MPlayer. There's been a fair
>deal of MPEG demuxer bugfixes that should be useful to you.

thanks, i will try, i am sure someone had to spot these errors i get, they happens with too much files. so if you say there was lot of fixes it will be probably what i experience

>> to be honest this release was a big dissapointment for me. but i won't
return to pre8 because h264 decoding seems to be really faster and on my
machine i need it. so i wish luck with bughunting to developers and i wait
for much better rc2 :-)

>Even though I understand that it's difficult for you to upload your
>files, you have to understand that if aren't able to reproduce a
>problem, it's hard to fix a bug.
>Maybe you could use a fast connection of a cyber café, university, or
friend?

i will find a way :-) but first i will try this svn version. thanks