[MPlayer-users] Getting authentication to work

Ajay Gautam ajay610 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 17:10:49 CET 2006

On 11/11/06, Ajay Gautam <ajay610 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/11/06, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski <rambo at id.uw.edu.pl> wrote:
> > > The error I get is "connection refused" (irrespective of what
> > > parameters I pass to mplayer)
> >
> > Stream server is down, no matter how you're gonna try to authenticate

Apologies for the confusion. The server is up.

Heres whats happening:
1. mplayer connects to 208.69.192.224 at port 1755 (mms)
2. Connection sucessful, but mplayer is unable to read (I guess
because its not authenticated)
3. So, read fails, mplayer attempts to connect to port 80 (as fallback).
4. Connection fails, as correct port is 1755!

Its working on windows now, so the stream server(s) are up.

Help required with step 2 above.
How do we tell mplayer to authenticate itself (similar to windows media player)?

Thanks

Ajay