[MPlayer-users] Encode VCD as DVD

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 23:42:20 CET 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:05:14 -0800, RC wrote:

>> The vcd-test-pal.mpeg is direct VCD rip, top quality.
>
> You were asking about interlacing...  VCDs are NOT interlaced.  What
> makes you think it is interlaced?

Oops, I just *thought* so, I didn't know.

The reason behind it, is that I tried to encode without the ildct:ilme
option before, ie.

 mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -vf harddup -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=3200:vbitrate=1152:keyint=15:aspect=4/3 -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192 -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -ofps 25 -mc 0 -quiet -o vcd-test-pal.i.mpg vcd-test-pal.mpeg

the result looked as bad, half of the information is missing, as if they are
overlaid instead of interlaced. So I *thought* it is the interlace problem.

What strange is that, I once tried the "bad-looking" result on my friend's
DVD, it plays perfectly well. His DVD is progressive scan, mine isn't. That
also gave me a wrong impression that it is the interlace problem.

So what might be the problem then, for the converted result missing half of
the information on non-progressive scan DVDs?

thanks

PS. it is not the resolution problem, the original VCD plays extremely
crisp, only the converted looks bad.

PPS. The 352x240 / 352x288 is valid DVD resolution. I am trying to covert
VCDs to DVDs in such resolution, ie, without sizing/zooming.

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/