[MPlayer-users] udp blockiness

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sun Nov 12 19:11:28 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Niklas Fondberg wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 23:01 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>

>>> yes, please, if not else because if they contain something that a bug
>>> in the demuxer I can at least spot it
>>>

>> Thank you!
>> Is there anything I can do? I've tried everything it feels like.
>> It seems that when there is a lot of motion in the stream the
>> pixelation starts.
>>
>> ftp://i3-niklas:public@ftp.i3micro.com
>> TV1nieuws_50.mts is the first 50 Mb of the file.
>> TV1nieuws.mts is the full one I'm using (400Mb).
>>
>> it is streamed like this:
>> vlc -I dummy TV1nieuws.mts --sout
>> '#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=239.1.1.2:4000}' --loop &
>>

> I confirm the presence of the brokennes.
> I suspect it's in the stream reader code, because both demuxers
> (mplayer's and libavformat's) behave identically.
> I'll have to give a look at the network code this weekend

no, the bug is the the TS muxer.
if you run vlc --sout '#std{mux=ts,url=broken.ts,access=file}'
TV1nieuws.mts vlc will
remux to a new ts the original file, and guess what:  broken.ts shows
the same corruption
as in the udp stream, so in  this case neither mplayer's demuxers not
its stream readers
are at fault