[MPlayer-users] geometery problems on rotated nvidia screen

David Stevenson david at avoncliff.com
Mon Nov 13 20:44:26 CET 2006

>>If the video is displayed in a window it works OK, but when I try and
>>use full screen the image position locks to bottom right, and the size
>>becomes unpredictable.The rotation is done in xorg.conf "option rotate right"

> You might try different "-fstype" options.  Though, I really don't know
> what your problem is from your description.
>
> See -vf dsize if you really need to set dimentions.

OK I have tried with -fstype and that had no effect on the size or
position. -vf dsize does control the size, and the position changes, but
not as I would like. Here are some measurements, in all cases the screen
size and position is estimated with a tape measure on screen, so are
approximate.
The screen size is 768x1360 (widextall) portrait, and the position given
is for the top left hand corner.In cases where the image stretched off
screen to the right I estimated based on what I could see.
with vo=gl2
no dsize       image is 1400x490  @ 0:750
dsize 500:500  image is 1000x760 @ 180:580
dsize 768:1360 image is 770x760 @ 400:600

with vo=xv
no dsize       image is 1400x490  @ 0:130
dsize 500:500  image is 1000x760 @ 180:0
dsize 768:1360 image is 770x760 @ 400:0

What I would like is full screen with top left @ 0:0.

I have tried -noaspect but is does not appear to effect it as it reports
  video has no aspect info.

The parameters are picked up OK, I see messages like
"Opening video filter [dsize=768x1360]
and
"vo[xv] 720x336 => 768x1360 Planar YV12[fs]"

And yes I know it a silly thing to want to do, but it is to replace a
well known commercial operating system on a new project. Any advice
would be wonderful.
Let me know what further information would help.

David