[MPlayer-users] Stepping frame by frame

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Wed Nov 15 01:45:44 CET 2006

El Miércoles, 15 de Noviembre de 2006 01:04, Corey Hickey escribió:
> Pepe wrote:
> > When I use the "." key to step forward frame by frame, then when I press
> > another key to go back to playback, the video accelerates a lot, just
> > like it wanted to go inmediately to the place it should be playing if I
> > didn't pause the video.
> >
> > Isn't this a bug?
> >
> > I'm using MPlayer 1.0rc1-3.3.4 but this happened with all previous
> > versions I used before.
>
> I've never seen this before. My gut response is that it might have
> something to do with your audio driver. Does it happen when you add '-ao
> null'?
>
> If the problem doesn't manifest with '-ao null, then try other audio
> outputs your machine might support. You didn't say what operating system
> you're using, but ones that might work under Linux are:
> -ao alsa
> -ao oss
> -ao sdl
> -ao esd
> -ao arts
>
> If you don't have any luck there, then you'd better read the bug
> reporting guidelines in the MPlayer documentation and submit a full bug
> report.
>
> -Corey

It happens too with -ao null (or -ao oss or whatever).

I tried too with -vo x11 but it does the same.

This is what I do: I press "." while watching any video. If I press another
key, for instance "a" then the video continues playing again correctly. But
if I press "." several times (5, 10, 20...) then when I press "a" the video
starts playing very fast for some seconds. There's even a message in the
console that says that my system is too slow. It seems that the more times I
press "." the more frames it plays later very fast.

I'm using SuSE 9.2. Kernel is 2.6.8-24-default. The graphic card is NVidia
GeForce FX 5500, using the driver nv. The processor is a AMD 64 3200+, but I'm
not using a 64 bit distro, but for i586.

--
Pepe