[MPlayer-users] videos from youtube loosing sync

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Nov 16 00:15:56 CET 2006

Jozef Riha wrote:

> hello,
>
> after upgrade to version rc1 i noticed that a/v synchronisation is
> lost for (most?) videos downloaded from youtube. let
> http://youtube-707.vo.llnwd.net/d1/04/74/5Ao7jjC2FWY.flv be a good
> example. after a few seconds of watching audio is completely out. it
> is fine again when i rewind w/ left arrow. but does the same after a
> while. also after reencoding using mencoder. -autosync does not seem
> to be helpfull.
>
> i am not saying my hw config is contemporary, how 700 MHz and 128 ram
> can be but I am able to play those files w/ ffplay just fine. ffmpeg
> version is something after 0.4.9-pre1 (libavutil version: 49.0.0,
> libavcodec version: 51.9.0, libavformat version: 50.4.0).
>
> does anyone have a solution?

MPlayer detects that file as being 29.970 fps, and therefore plays it at
that frame rate by default. Adding '-fps 24000/1001' to the command line
produces apparently correct playback.

ffmpeg likewise detects that file as being 29.97 fps, but ffplay does
indeed play it back without loss of A/V sync - if anything, even better
than MPlayer with '-fps 24000/1001'. Not sure what's going on there.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.