[MPlayer-users] some comments about --enable-color-console

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Fri Nov 17 18:04:23 CET 2006

I have been testing the color console output of mplayer and I have a couple of
things to say.

1) on exit, mplayer do not restore the text color of the console before its
execution. The final color will be just the last one used by mplayer.
That's annoying.

2) if color-console is compiled in mplayer, almost all the scripts out there that
parse mplayer output will fail. I suggest, if possible, that color console could
be disabled at runtime or, even better, that it is always compiled in and that
the user can use it with an option like:
  mplayer -color-console options
  mplayer -nocolor-console options

Giacomo