[MPlayer-users] mplayer won't play RTSP stream

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Nov 20 01:00:31 CET 2006

On Monday, 20 November 2006 at 00:37, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I am running MythStream on a Fedora Core 5 system. MythStream uses
> mplayer to play video and audio streams off the intermet. While I can
> get it to work for Windows Media (MMS) streams, I can't get it to work
> with Real Media (RTSP) streams. I have installed Real Player from a
> RPM at the Real Player site as I thought that may install the required
> codecs but it made no difference.

That Real Player probably installs its codecs into a location not searched
by MPlayer. Make a symlink so that those codecs can be found in
/usr/local/lib/codecs or install the essential codec package.

[...]
> ***mythstream: starting 1.Bono urges Howard to increase aid,
> rtsp://media1.abc.net.au/reallibrary/news/200611/20061118-bono-howard_16_9_bband.rm***
>
> MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
[...]
> Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
> VDecoder init failed :(
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x30335652.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
> Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
> ID_SIGNAL=11
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
> Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
> disassembly. Details in
> DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
> It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in
> your   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
> DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
> can't and won't help unless you provide this information when
> reporting a possible bug.
>
> ***mythstream: stream stopped***
>

> Any ideas what I need to do to get mplayer to play nice?

Update to current SVN and retry. If it still crashes, please follow
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash

For the record, it plays fine (audio only, though, as I'm on 64bit) here
with SVN r20771.

Regards,
R.

--