[MPlayer-users] re:mplayer fails when invoked from at command

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Nov 21 03:31:46 CET 2006

Bertie Coopersmith wrote:
> cd /c/recordings
> # kill any process (probably mplayer) which may be holding the rtc device open:-
> fuser -k /dev/rtc

mplayer doesn't use rtc timing by default anymore. If yours is, you
should update.

> timeout -$DURN mplayer $VERBOSITY  "$URL" -ao pcm -vc null -vo null -ao pcm:fast

I don't know about yours, but my timeout has different syntax.

$ timeout
usage: timeout [-signal] time command...

Either way, you can also use -endpos like the example I just sent in
another message.

It shouldn't matter, but you specify -ao pcm twice.

Try adding -bandwidth 9999999 or something for a faster cache fill.

-Corey