[MPlayer-users] mplayer can't play correctly while realplay plays fine

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Wed Nov 22 00:36:36 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:51:44 -0500
T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found that mplayer can't play correctly a specific movie release group's
> real media files. It plays OK initially, but after the release group's
> leading video, mplayer can't handle the video any more. Only the audio is
> playing fine. Skipping won't work either.
>
> Previously I thought it was the release group's fault, but this time when I
> encounter with another bunch from this release group, I still can't play any
> of them. So I installed RealPlayer10GOLD, and every file plays fine. So,
>
> I've just uploaded to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
> a file named test.realplay-ok.rmvb (2M)
>
> Hope mplayer/mencoder can overcome the glitches caused by this release group.
>
> thanks
>
> PS. Please let me know if you need bigger files.

This is a known problem, the picture changes in size and MPlayer does
not like it (RealPlayer rescale the smaller image, so you don't see it).
I posted a solution for the case big intro -> smaller movie to dev-eng
list, I'll apply it in a few days if the vf.c part is ok. I'm attaching
it also to this mail if you want to test it.

Your sample file was moved to samples/real/size_change

Ciao,
 Roberto