[MPlayer-users] configure's BUG? (Was: Re: Can't build the latestsvn)

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Sat Nov 25 14:14:52 CET 2006

Hello,

THanks John!

In the Message;

  Subject    : RE: [MPlayer-users] configure's BUG? (Was: Re: Can't build the latestsvn)
  Date & Time: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 07:53:39 -0500

[John] == "John Brown" <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> has written:

John> Actually, you will notice that the LIVE555 paths in the first test are
John> badly formed.

Uhmm,,,

The configure.log told me like this;

/liveMedia/include; liveMedia.hh No such file or directory
[...]

But configure could find LIVE555 library.... (_ _?

So, I arranged configure.

Me>> [...]
Me>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/mplayer/libass'
Me>> make -C osdep
Me>> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/mplayer/osdep'
Me>> windres -o mplayer-rc.o mplayer.rc
Me>> make[1]: windres: Command not found
Me>> make[1]: *** [mplayer-rc.o] Error 127
Me>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/mplayer/osdep'
Me>> make: *** [osdep/libosdep.a] Error 2

Me>> What's windres command? Isn't this a windows command?

John> Yes. Windres is the resource compiler. In the case of MPlayer, it is
John> used to add the MPlayer icon and version information to
John> MPlayer.exe. If you are not on Windows and you are not
John> cross-compiling, it should not be doing that.

John> For now, if you comment out the call to windres, and remove
John> mplayer-rc.o from the link command, the build should continue.

I see.

But, I executed svn up just now, then I could compile.
At this time. osdep's Makefile was updated, and configure script is with my
patch.

Anyway, Thanks a lot, John!

Regards,

---