[MPlayer-users] Re: Encode VCD as DVD

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 21:53:14 CET 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:44:38 -0800, RC wrote:

>> The result looked as bad, half of the information is missing, as if they
>> are overlaid instead of interlaced. So what might be the problem then,
>> for the converted result missing half of the information on
>> non-progressive scan DVDs?
>
> There really shouldn't be anything.  I imagine it has to be some
> specific bug in your device.   Try some other (non-progressive scan) DVD
> players to be sure.

I am now convinced that it is not the progressive vs. non-progressive
scan's problem.

It might be the mencoder encoding's problem, because I've asked two of my
friends to try them, both of their DVD players are progressive scan, but
neither can play it well.

So we have 4 brand DVD players here. 3 of 4 can't play the mencoder
encoded mpg well, at least the version that I used.

$ mencoder -V
MEncoder 1.0rc1-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/