[MPlayer-users] Where are my skins?

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 02:38:50 CET 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 18:05, Robert Tilley wrote:
<SNIP>

The reply was:
> Notice how the first two do not end with a forward slash. This means
> it is not a directory. Your skin files need to be in:
>
> /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/default/
>
> Jeremy

Problems are persisting.  I'm missing something obvious, I think.

I "sudo cp"'ed my skin files to /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/default/

$ dir /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/default
button_forward.png  button_rewind.png       menu.png   skin.tilde
button_load.png     button_stop.png         menus.png  sub.png
button_next.png     font.fnt                mute.png   VERSION
button_pause.png    font.png                pos.png    vol.png
button_play.png     Industrial-1.0.tar.bz2  README     waves.png
button_prev.png     main.png                skin.bak

gmplayer still complains "[skin] file
(/usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/default/skin) not readable."

Could someone more experienced please help me to use gmplayer?

Thanks, Bob

--
A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it
is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.