[MPlayer-users] playing multiple audio tracks simultanously

Tomasz Mloduchowski qdottbm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:03:12 CET 2006

I'd do the following (it's a HUGE, untested hack, similar to mplmult.sh)

mkfifo stream.yuv
mkfifo track1.wav
mkfifo track2.wav
mplayer -ao pcm:file=track1.wav -vc null -aid 0 dvd:// &
mplayer -ao pcm:file=track2.wav -vc null -aid 1 dvd:// &
mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -nosound dvd://

#that should instantiate 3 decoding processes. (keep the window open)

#and now, for the main course:
mplayer stream.yuv -audiofile track1.wav
mplayer -ao alsa:device=whatever -vo null stream.yuv -audiofile track2.wav

and, for pausing the entire mess (no seeking), press space on the
window handling -vo yuv4mpeg. I think some shell script could be used
to do message passing between mplayer slave modes..

should work, but I didn't test it myself with two audio streams.

Tomasz